With the appointment as Agents to the Official Receiver in Bankruptcy, various County Courts, Inland Revenue, Customs & Excise, Bailiff companies, liquidators and numerous Local Authorities, Rosan Reeves Auctions has remained one of the foremost general auctions in the South East of England.
In the Early 1960's Leslie Rosan and his wife Iris started in business as valuers and auctioneers trading from Lower Church Street, Croydon, Surrey. Rosans Auctions then having enjoyed a period of prosperity and expansion moved to new premises in the High Street, Croydon where trading continued until the early 1980's when this premises was outgrown. This necessitated a move to much larger premises in London Road, where the business has continued until 1999 when the business crossed to the opposite side of the road. More recently Mr Rosan decided to move out of Croydon and has now set up Rosan & Company in East Sussex.
Reeves Auctions was originally founded in 1867 as a general auction, by the Reeves family who to this day are well known for their furniture business at Reeves Corner. In the 1970's the Reeves Auction business was taken over by Mr Rosan who renamed the business Rosan Reeves Auctions/ Croydon Auctions Rooms.
In 1995 Rosan Reeves Auctions became one of the very first auctions rooms in the United Kingdom to launch a web site, and provide details of its full sale catalogues on-line and via a free email service. This combined with the latest in computerised sale systems has allowed Rosan Reeves to maintain its position at the forefront of technology as an advanced and efficient means of realizing the disposal of assets for cash.